School of Cleveland Ballet got its start in 2000. Founded by Artistic Director, Gladisa Guadalupe, it now holds a prestigious reputation among the Northeast, OH, community. Students enrolled seek high-quality instruction as they transform from disciplined children to successful young adults. Instructors utilize a solid dance syllabus to help students flourish. These instructors are all high caliber masters in the art of ballet and have been inspiring children for years. Their programs ensure that each student receives consistent training regardless of level.
Is your child interested in receiving quality training in the art of dance? Call us today to learn about our programs!
COMPANY | YOUTH | SCHOOL | ORCHESTRA
Our ballet school is the official school of Cleveland Ballet. The affiliation gives our youth numerous opportunities to train and perform with professional artists. One of these opportunities is performing on a professional stage in a holiday favorite, the ballet 'The Nutcracker'. Opportunities such as this, allow each student to grow and become more well-rounded.
Students also have the opportunity to perform in story ballets such as Midsummer Night's Dream, Alice in Wonderland, the Magic Flute, Coppelia, among others. Since Cleveland Ballet is a resident company of the Playhouse Square, these performances are a unique opportunity to perform in professional theatres like Playhouse Square; the 2nd largest arts complex in the Nation.
- Pre-professional Ballet
- Children's Classes
- Adult Classes
- Afro-Cuban Dance
OUR CURRICULUM COVERS
- Pointe — Female students learn to move on the tips of their feet to create the impression of lightness
- Ballet Techniques — This is the most critical discipline in laying out the foundation of lightness
- Conditioning — Helps students learn to control and use their bodies as instruments for movement
- Men's Techniques — Helps men execute physical strength for jumps, turns, and beats
- Variations — Intermediate and advanced students learn to develop memory and stamina for performance
- Contemporary Dance — The art of dancing in conjunction with irregular meters and rhythms
- Character Dance — Is a specific subdivision of classical dance. It is the stylized representation of traditional folk or national dance, mostly from European countries.
"Thanks, Ms. Guadalupe! I was thinking of you today because I went to a 4 hands piano concert to hear Dvořák's Slavonic Dances and it brought back wonderful memories of dancing to that in 2007. Thanks for your excellent teaching and the many ways you inspired me back then. I'm enjoying watching what's happening with Cleveland Ballet now from afar!"
— Halle Thompson
"I cannot possibly express in a few words how my training at School of Cleveland Ballet has affected my life. Through diverse dance instruction, the Cleveland Ballet faculty helped me discover and nurture my passion for dance, a passion I would eventually turn into a career. Along with exceptional dance training, I found guidance, support, and encouragement in the faculty and staff during an formative period of my life. They, along with my fellow students, made Cleveland Ballet a second home to me."
— Leanne Duge
For questions about enrollment, our ballets, and more, please call (216) 320-9000. For other inquiries, please fill out our form down below. Our studio is at 23030 Miles Rd in Bedford Heights, OH.
LIMITED scholarships available!